P0016 is the OBD-2 widespread code indicating that the camshaft function sensor for bank one does not correlate to the sign from the crankshaft role sensor. The crankshaft position sensor and Camshaft function sensor paintings govern the spark/gasoline shipping and timing. Both include a relaxer or tone; the ring passes over a magnetic sensor, which generates a voltage, indicating function.
If you want to watch the video please see on YOUTUBE.
Camshaft and crankshaft function sensors aren’t aligned when you show the P0016 OBD-2 code. The crankshaft sensor manages the timing of the spark. The role sensor of the camshaft starts the injector collection.
When these sensors detect issues, the engine misfires, inflicting a hard ride. The vehicle may have trouble beginning, too.
The P0016 code means there may be a hassle in the correlation among the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. These sensors ship a message to the engine control module (ECM) while the timing is off due to several feasible troubles.
When you see in Toyotas, the code turns on when the engine control module (ECM) does not acquire a message from the variable valve sensor.
When you see in Fords, the code turns on while the camshaft and crankshaft sensors are off by some tiers. When you see in Chevys, the camshaft role sensor is one or greater angles away from its best role.
How severe was the code?
The engine can be blocking or skeptical and start hard. If the valves hit the pistons, the timing chain may have problems with tensioners or guides and severe engine damage. Your engine can be broken down and completely not working if CPM falls. If the timing belt breaks, it can be a worse thing for your machine. Driving with a damaged vehicle may cause additional or internal engine problems and fail down; if you don’t want any trouble with your car, repair as soon as possible.
Causes Of The P0016 Code
- A timing chain that jumps with teeth, so the camshaft is out of order.
- The phaser on the camshaft is no longer active.
- The phaser is blocked due to the use of oil with improper viscosity.
- The oil filter creates a blockage of the oil control valve.
- The timing chain could not be worn or extended
- The tone ring could be broken
- Connecting cables to a camshaft or crankshaft sensor may be damaged
- ECM may be faulty or have damaged wires
What are the Symptoms of code P0016
- Check your engine light.
- Your engine runs poorly
- Your engine Running on reducing power
- The machine will be Stalling or hesitating
- The machine will extended start
- The timing chain makes noise
- The machine has not started
- Your car Running erratically
- It will decrease the fuel mileage of the engine
How to fix code P0016
- First of all, you need to reset the codes with the OBD-2 scanner. We use it daily for checking the system or for other troubles.
- Check your car on the road.
- If codes appear, then check the camshaft and crankshaft in bank 1. check the wiring on the camshaft and crankshaft.
- If the camshaft and crankshaft are broken, then they need to be repaired.
- Check the wiring of the sensor at the camshaft and crankshaft. If the sensors are damaged, then the damaged sensor will need repairing.
- For checking the patterns of crankshaft and camshaft, use a scope. If there is any missing pattern, their problem is a tone ring or sensor problem.
- When repairing is complete, then the OBD-2 code checks again with the scanner. if it still fails, then restore it to complete it
- For looking at sensors damage, you need a harmonic balancer and tone rings. If they are damaged, You could replace the damaged sensor, or You could replace the old sensor.
- Look, the timing chain and tensioner must be they have damages.
- If the belt looks stretched, then they also need to be repaired for better service.
- When you check PCM and detect a crank signal and cam signals, if they are out of time, then see the number of degrees, then You will fix the P0016 code.
- After all these things, you need to scan with the OBD-2 reader to see if all is well.
What are the common mistakes when you fix the code P0016?
Use identification tests before making expensive repairs. Check the codes and confirm the failure before fixing them. Be sure to check the views on all areas affected by this code. Check sensor and cable connections.
The identification test will tell you which parts need to be repaired, so check them out before making repairs. The most common mistake is to install a cam sensor before testing other issues first.
Engine timing needs to prioritize sensor and wiring alternatives, especially applications that can be outfitted with variable camshaft timing. Oiling low degrees, oil stress, and failed VVT solenoids additionally contribute to P0016. To save your time and money before replacing anything, verify if it is good for you.
How to avoid Code P0016 in the future?
Many makes and models with a pleasant manner to avoid this code comply with the producer’s recommendations for preservation. Another tip for preserving the code from lights is to park your automobile in an included space while the temperature exceeds ninety°F.
Warmth can harm engine elements. Excessive vibration can, too. So, keep away from driving on bumpy roads at high speeds. Heat and vibration can damage the sensors and touchy timing components. Perform regular checks of wiring, specifically at some stage in oil adjustments or routine maintenance appointments. Don’t forget to regularly exchange your oil and use the manufacturer’s advocated viscosity.
For avoiding severe engine problems, you want to repair camshaft and crankshaft problems, or it could be permanent damage to your engine.
Given the complexity of the re-signing materials in the timeline, the P0016 sensor repair is not recommended to DIY. The problem will be fixed when you can go to the car repair service center.
If you don’t want to leave your car beside the road or don’t want to repair your engine beside the road, if possible to fix it before it damages your engine.
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.