Whether you or your mechanic need access to your Chevy Volt’s data, an easy way to do it would be through an OBD2 scanner.
An OBD2 scanner is a device used to access vehicle information, like VIN, speed, fuel efficiency, engine RPM, generic and other manufacturer diagnostics, and much more, by connecting them to the vehicle. By simply connecting an OBD2 scanner to your device, you can transfer data fast and store the data according to your needs.
However, with the market full of different types of OBD2 scanners, it can be confusing for you to find the best OBD2 scanner for Chevy Volt. Hence, here is a list of the 7 best OBD2 scanners for Chevy Volt and a buying guide that you can use to purchase them.
7 Best OBD2 Scanners for Chevy Volt Review
With a plethora of Chevy Volt compatible OBD2 scanners available online, it can be confusing for you to choose one and purchase it. So, the following list aims to make it easy for you to choose the best OBD2 scanner for Chevy Volt.
One of the, if not the best OBD2 scanner for your Chevy Volt is the MOTOPOWER OBD2 Scanner. Why, you ask? Well, for a variety of reasons!
Firstly, it is multi-functional. It gives you the essential functions any other OBD2 scanner can provide you. But, it also can give you additional features like a built-in OBD2 DTC lookup library to help you determine the cause of numerous issues like why your engine light might be on. It can also read and erase code, and even calculate load value.
In addition, this OBD2 scanner has an LCD, compact design, ABS, and screen-protecting film to give you the best experience. It also comes with a connection guide to help beginners who might have a hard time figuring out the configurations.
- You can perform multiple functions on it, some of which include Real-Time Graphic View, Data Flow, Freeze Frame View
- It has a DTC library to read and erase code
- It supports 9 protocols
- Compatible with most cars
- Supports 6 languages
- Comes with a 2.5 feet long cable
- Can read and clear check engine information
2. INNOVA 5610 – Newest 2022 OBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner
If you’re looking for the best OBD2 scanner for Chevy Volt that you can rely on to serve peak performance every time, it is the INNOVA 5610 – Newest 2022 OBD2 Diagnostic Code Scanner. This scanner makes finding and fixing automotive issues the easiest task for its users.
This scanner also includes a code reader that can scan and clear engine lights and even check brake pad life and oil temperature. It can self-diagnose emission status and even send commands with its bidirectional controls so that you can actively check your fuel pumps, injectors, and much more.
- Has bidirectional scan tool to find and fix problems easily
- Allows you to have professional-level functionality
- Supports English, Spanish, French
- Can actively test actuators and live stream data
- Can self-diagnose your car and provide important information like emission status
- Has Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
3. INNOVA 3040RS OBD2 Scanner
The INNOVA 3040RS OBD2 Scanner is undoubtedly one of the best OBD2 scanners you can purchase if you have a Chevy Volt. This product is easy to use, making it perfect for beginners. It also has 10 sides that you can use to access global functions and information that can help you learn more about your car and determine how to fix any oncoming issues.
Additionally, the INNOVA 3040RS OBD2 Scanner also has other feathers to help you with your Chevy Volt. One such feature is the battery test which checks if the batteries and alternators are aligned with the recommended voltage specs to ensure that your car is programmed correctly and can accept a new battery if needed.
- Can give reports on predicted repairs and part-specific repairs
- Allows you to check engine lights
- You can see the essential information about your vehicle’s life
- Can test battery and charging system
- Has smog check LED indicators
- Displays Freeze Frame data
4. LAUNCH Creader 3001 OBD2 Scanner
The LAUNCH Creader 3001 OBD2 Scanner is another scanner worth every penny. How so? This OBD2 scanner can read and clear fault codes and even has a fault code lookup library which you can use to learn more about the issues your vehicle might have. It also has an anI/M Readiness Status Test which allows you to check the status of your car’s emission system, and it can also check engine lights and identify VIN information.
One great thing about this scanner is that it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee upon dissatisfaction. So, even if you try it out and decide it does not suit your needs, you can always return it!
- Can read and erase codes
- Supports English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Polish
- Can check engine lights
- Fully compatible with most cars
- Allows I/M readiness test
- Displays live data and freeze frame data
5. BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool
Compared to the previous OBD2 scanners, the BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool functions differently. Unlike the other scanners on the list, this scanner has no chords and connects to your vehicle through Bluetooth.
This scanner will allow you to understand the issues you have been facing with your vehicle by giving you a complete picture of the problem. Although professionals mostly use it, it can be an excellent scanner for you since you will not have to worry about fiddling with tangled cords.
Additionally, it will give you access to your car’s live data and allow you to monitor and configure your car in real-time. More importantly, this device can provide you with reports of vehicle-specific repairs, which can be extremely helpful if you are a beginner.
- Provides ASE Certified Technicians with verified fixes
- Can be paired with iOS and Android
- Has ABS, shows live data
- Allows you to access vehicle information
- It helps you determine if your vehicle will pass the smog test
- Monitors if the key vehicle systems are operating within the recommended limits.
6. ThinkCar Code Reader TS609 Obd2 Scanner
The Thinkcar Code Reader TS609 Obd2 Scanner is another scanner you can not miss out on. It can access the engine, transmission, ABS, and Airbag system, read and erase codes, live data stream, and turn off warning lights in the system. Additionally, it can test the car battery, reset oil, and read battery voltage to ensure the car’s safety.
Furthermore, it can record data and play it back at any time so that you can consult your mechanic or further analyze it.
- Allows oil service reset
- It can help you activate and deactivate the brake control system
- Rematches the control module and monitors battery performance
- Allows throttle adaptation
- Helps you clear particulate matter from the PDF filter through continuous combustion oxidation mode to stabilize filter performance
- Has SRS: Airbag System, AT: Auto Transmission System, ABS: Antilock Braking System
7. FOXWELL NT301 OBD2 Scanner
Although the last on the list, a scanner that is not the least is the FOXWELL NT301 OBD2 Scanner. It allows you to locate bad O2 sensors and access emission readiness checks, reset monitors and live data, and more.
This OBD2 scanner can easily read and erase data and does not require batteries to be operated.
- User-friendly functionality
- Enables you to read DTCs
- It can locate bad O2 sensors
- Can access emission readiness status
- Able to turn off engine lights
- It does not require registration to be used
- Can be updated on Windows
- Supports Generic, manufacturer-specific, and pending codes requests
- It reads records, graphs, and playbacks live sensor data
Buying Guide for Best OBD2 Scanner for Chevy Volt
If you are trying to buy an OBD2 scanner as a beginner, there are a few things you will need to keep in mind while buying. Hence, the following buying guide will tell you what you need to look out for during your purchase to make it easier for you.
Type of Information
Before you buy an OBD2 scanner, you will need to determine what kind of information you need from it. It will narrow down your options to the scanners with the features you want. So, if you wish for an LCD scanner that can clear engine lights, give you live data, and is Bluetooth, you will need to buy something that can accommodate your needs.
In the case of an OBD2 scanner, the higher your budget is, the better. The more money you spend on it, the more functions you get. However, as a beginner, you will not need anything fancy. Even buying a cheap one can give you the essential information you will need about your vehicle. If you have a bigger budget, you could try buying a professional grade OBD2 scanner, which could save you quite a few trips to the mechanic.
OBD2 Scanners Don’t Fix Everything
If you think buying an OBD2 scanner will solve your problems related to your Chevy Volt, you are completely mistaken. These scanners do not fix the problem. Instead, they provide you with the diagnostic information that you will need to fix the problem. You can make the diagnosis that the scanner provides to your mechanic to have your vehicle checked out and fixed.
If you are on the verge of buying an OBD2 scanner but still have some questions about them, this section of the article will help you a lot. Keep reading to learn more about these scanners through the frequently asked questions.
What does an OBD2 scanner do?
An OBD2 scanner allows you to check the diagnostic formation of your vehicle. It lets you check codes, provides accurate mileage readings, and tells you what the reasons for the minor issues in your car might be. Having this scanner is that you will not have to hire a professional mechanic every time a minor issue shows up in your car.
Do OBD2 scanners work on all cars?
The functionality of your OBD2 scanner heavily depends on when your car was manufactured. This is because only the cars and trucks manufactured after 1996 are compatible with the OBD2 scanners. On the other hand, if your car is a model manufactured before 1996, there is a chance that it is incompatible with the scanner.
Is it worth buying an OBD2 scanner?
When it comes to whether OBD2 scanners are worth buying or not, the answer is always yes. This is because you will be able to get all the essential information you need about your car with one of these scanners. You will be able to understand and solve any minor issues with the car without even going to the mechanic.
When looking for the best OBD2 scanner for Chevy Volt, you will find yourself in a dilemma since many options are on the market. However, the best one is undoubtedly the MOTOPOWER OBD2 Scanner since it is multi-functional and can give you all the features you will need as a beginner.
So, if you are looking for an OBD2 scanner, your search ends here, as now you know which ones are some of the best! Happy shopping!
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.