The Autel MaxiSys Elite II Auto Scanner is one of the newest devices from Autel. This scanner is one of their new amazing car diagnostic tools on your list. It is the most intelligent code reader with an onboard display that gives you clear messages and diagnoses your car quickly.
The scanner includes multiple services and one cool factor. I want to break down my experience with this scanner so that you know exactly what you’re getting. Excited to know more about the scanner now? Let’s Go!
Why Do You Choose It?
These are a few things you need to know about this scanner, and they will help you make your decision.
- One of the smallest car diagnostic devices on the market. The device is small enough to fit your car, rather than a big bulky beast.
- Besides, the tool allows you to expand your car knowledge into three different areas at a time.
- Bi-Directional communication means you can access this unit from anywhere in the world. You don’t have to be at home to get help.
- The scanner provides good customer service and support. Autel provides customer support via phone, email, or chat.
- Connecting with your car is simple and fast.
- One of the reasons I’ve selected the tools is its 38+ Maintenance Options. Because those options meet all your needs.
- This diagnostic tool can quickly read and erase diagnostic trouble codes. I assume that it will surely help you fix any issues with your car engine.
- I chose the scanner because this item allows you to show where the problems are with your car. It will let you see the errors and run action tests simultaneously. The Elite II Scanner gives all of this information in an easy readable way.
- This device will work on almost any vehicle ever made. The MaxiSys Elite II is compatible with many different platforms.
- Another reason for choosing this item is the scanner is an incredible value for the money. It provides you with all the services you will ever need in one device.
Autel MaxiSys Elite II Overview
December 2, 2023
If you ask me about the physical look of the MaxiSys Elite, it is a small rectangular-shaped device. The screen on the front is one of the more giant screens out there. On the top left corner of the screen, there is an indicator, which lets you know that essential items on your list need investigation.
The rubberized landing pad allows a comfortable and secure grip to hold onto this unit. When it is time to move, the scanner allows you to move and swivel the unit while holding onto it.
The first thing you need to do is connect your car. The MaxiSys Elite II can work with almost any vehicle, starting with 1996 and up, provided your vehicle has CAN Bus.
I suggest connecting your car if it is already turned on because turning on your vehicle will activate the diagnostic systems in your vehicle. If you have an older car, make sure that everything is turned off before trying to start connecting this unit.
Well, this is the third diagnostic tool that I purchased. My first impression of this tool as it is smaller than I thought, which was great-just the size of your palm.
One of the reasons why I bought this is it can communicate with both old cars and new cars via OBD2. The Elite II uses the MS908S pro interface to communicate with the car, which is so convenient. If you have a discontinued and old car, the interface will be much easier to use.
Overall, I’m delighted with my purchase. This is an excellent tool for those who have to keep up with many different cars because it’s so easy to use.
In this section, I’ve come up with the main features of the Elite II auto scanner so that you may look at them at a glance.
Easy to Use: Connecting a car is simple and fast because of the two different ways. One way lets you connect all vehicles with the OBD2 port, while the other connects all vehicles with CAN Bus. On the top left side of this tool is an LCD screen showing data about your car like miles per hour, RPM, date and time, temperature, and voltage.
Modern Scanner: This diagnostic tool can read, diagnose and clear trouble codes. It can read live data and give you the information and history of your car engine. Apart from this, the scanner provides you with the most information possible when you check your vehicle’s condition. It also gives you other information like oil life and battery life.
High-Speed Operation: The Autel MaxiSys Elite II scanner can quickly read and erase diagnostic trouble codes. Besides, you can fix any issues with your car engine using it. As far as I know, the tool can perform many functions, such as an oil reset, O2 Sensor Test, and much more. Moreover, Elite II also allows you to perform tests on just about every system in your vehicle.
Built-in Computer Programmer: Computer Programming is one of the most updated features. Likely, the scanner tool also comes with a built-in computer program that allows you to program or erase codes on your vehicle with an easy interface. This is great because it saves a lot of time.
All-System Diagnostics: The Autel MaxiSys Scanner also allows you to run all-system diagnostics on your car. When it is a matter of diagnosis, Elite II will help you to read trouble codes on a system. This system isn’t available in most standard models.
Powerful Online Functions: You will also be able to connect this product to the Autel website. Besides, you are allowed to update or send your data online into a database. You can also save up to 50 scans on the SD card at a time, which is helpful. It gives accurate fault code information and much more.
Bi-Directional Control: This product can be used in both directions, and it’s bi-directional. That means you don’t have to change the settings in the car to diagnose it. You can switch from OBD2 to CAN Bus and vice versa using it.
Intelligent Diagnosis: If I’d like to talk about the intelligent features of this item, it allows you to perform an intelligent diagnosis on your car. You will check all the systems in your car if they are working correctly or not. But it will only tell you what the problem is if everything else is working fine. Some other diagnostic tools won’t let you do this because they’ll tell you what’s wrong.
Top-Level Configuration: Since this is a top-level product, you can easily configure and operate it. It’s easy to use because the manufacturer allows you to change the language of your tool while working. This makes your tool even easier to understand and use!
99% Vehicle Coverage: Elite II Auto Scanner will work on 99% of all vehicles that have OBD2 ports and CAN Bus ports. It can easily find the correct code that you need to cure your car’s problems.
This unit also has some advanced features that I found cool. It is helpful if you want to save time in diagnosing it. Or want some information on how your car turns on and runs. The engine freeze function works incredibly. Let’s know in detail.
IMMO Keys: When I’m talking about the advanced features, the scanner can retrieve and clear IMMO keys. So, if you need information on where your car is, you can get that information with this diagnostic tool. The device uses the latest software version and electronic structure design to ensure the product quality is stable and reliable.
MaxiFix Platform: The Autel MaxiSys Elite II comes with tech help and the MaxiFix Platform. These two tools on your diagnostic tool can help you in the future. But it can be time-consuming. The Auto-fix platform is used to share electronic diagnostic data of other users. At the same time, the tech help will allow you to email your car’s information to a tech support team who can answer any question you may have.
J2534 ECU Programming and Coding: J2534 is the OBD2 standard that defines a generic software interface for communication between known brand OBD2 compliant vehicles. The UDS or Universal Data System enables J2534 to interact with the ECU under normal circumstances. The J2534 standard aims to reduce programming errors by providing some degree of abstraction from manufacturer-specific algorithms and language.
Unlock Hidden Features: Once you have the correct J2534 interface hard-coded into your device, it will be able to interact with the ECU’s diagnostic functions. The UDS enables Volkswagen vehicles to communicate with their ECUs via a standard software stack.
Auto VIN & Health Report: The auto scanner will tell you everything about your vehicle, such as if someone has stolen it. However, It will also tell you which OBD2 systems your vehicle uses or if you recall it. This is convenient and helpful if your car has problems and you don’t know what’s wrong with it.
Online Functions: With the help of the internet, the tool has online functions in the form of a website and can be accessed via any computer. With this feature, you can get information when your car is off and don’t have to worry about taking it to a mechanic.
Differences Between Autel MaxiSys Elite II Vs Autel MaxiSys Elite
Although both of these diagnostic tools have superb features and functions, there are some differences. One main difference is that the Elite II scanner comes with 38+ maintenance functions, and the Elite provides 36+ functions. While Elite contains ECU programming and coding for Benz and BMW, Elite II has more advanced features like an IMMO key, wireless diagnosis 140+ vehicle brand support, and more.
The Elite II provides high-speed operation and 99% vehicle coverage, which Elite does not support. It comes with faster scanning than MK908P or MS908S. Another difference between these two devices is that the Elite II Scanner provides online functions that Elite won’t come with. So, if I compare Elite II with Elite, Elite II will be the winner.
December 2, 2023
How to use Autel MaxiSys Elite II?
Here is a step-by-step guideline to use this product:
- After connecting the device to the car’s OBD port, start the car and follow the instructions to enter service mode and then connect with the scanner.
- The device will automatically recognize what kind of vehicle you have, after which it will display a list of all the procedures.
- Next, you need to choose the desired procedure from this list if you want to read or clear fault codes. Then reset service indicators, perform live data analysis or read out your car’s ECU memory.
- Once you have chosen the type of procedure, select the first procedure on the list and begin the service. If a defect is found during a procedure, you would see a code and description of that system as well as its cause and remedy.
- You will be shown the result of the procedure on the device’s monitor.
- Once the procedure has been completed, choose the next procedure from the list and repeat steps 3-5 until all of your codes have been cleared.
- If everything goes well, you will see a complete message confirming whether the procedure has been performed correctly or not.
- Just choose an ECU program procedure and follow the instructions. The device will automatically open the programming menu for your vehicle’s ECU and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once you have completed the programming, you can select a previous diagnosis of your car’s ECU to review it on your device’s monitor.
- The Elite II is equipped with a USB port for reading and programming of codes as well as logging of DTCs and ECU data, which are stored in memory for later review and decoding using other software such as this Ultimate Diagnostic Tool.
Can You Use Autel Without A Subscription?
Yes, Autel can be used without a subscription. However, some features may not be available without a subscription.
What Can Autel Maxisys Elite Do?
Autel MaxiSys Elite is a carputer that can be used to diagnose and repair vehicle problems. It has various features, including a touchscreen display, live data streaming, and an intuitive user interface.
Which Autel Maxisys Is Best?
There are a few Autel MaxiSys models, but the best one for you may vary depending on your needs. Among them, Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P is the Autel MaxiSys one of the best items.
Does Autel Make Good Scanners?
Autel makes a variety of scanners, but the commonly recommended ones are Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P. It is one of the best scanners Autel has ever made.
What Is The Best Car Scanner To Buy?
There are a few different car scanners on the market, but the best one to buy depends on your needs. Innova 6100P, Bosch OBD 1300, BlueDriver Pro Scan Tool, Topdon ArtiDiag500, and Foxwell NT614 Elite are some of your best scanners.
What Is The Best Professional Automotive Diagnostic Scanner?
Innova CarScan Pro Model 5610 is the best option for professional automotive diagnostic scanners. You can also choose BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBD2, FIXD OBD2 Professional Bluetooth Scan Tool, and Autel MaxiDiag MD808 Pro are good scanners.
Autel MaxiSys Elite II is one of the industry’s best and most potent OBD2 scan tools. Its user interface is simple and easy to use. If you want a high-quality scanner, it provides you with a wide range of services.
I recommend you consider the scanner to expand your car knowledge because the Autel MaxiSys Elite II comes with outstanding value for money with all its features and functions.
Watch This Video On YouTube
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.