The Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S is a powerful diagnostic tool designed for professional automotive enthusiasts. It is an advanced version of the popular MaxiCOM MK808 scanner with additional features and functionalities.
The device features a 7-inch touchscreen display that provides easy navigation and clear viewing of diagnostic information. It is powered by the Android 11.0 operating system, which enables it to run smoothly and provide quick results.
The MaxiCOM MK808S can diagnose and perform various functions on a wide range of vehicles, including domestic, European, and Asian makes and models. It supports all 10 test modes of the latest J1979 OBD II test specs and can read and clear codes, view live data, perform active tests, and more.
Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S Review
A brief overview of Autel as a company
Autel is a prominent manufacturer of automotive diagnostic equipment, which includes OBD2 scanners and tire pressure measuring systems. It was established in 2004 and has rapidly emerged as a dominant player in the industry, offering a comprehensive range of high-quality products at competitive prices.
Autel’s OBD2 scanners are specially designed to facilitate the diagnosis and repair of vehicle issues, enabling mechanics and car owners to identify problems promptly and efficiently. Its scanners are renowned for their advanced features and user-friendly interfaces, making them a preferred choice among both professionals and car enthusiasts.
Apart from OBD2 scanners, Autel also offers an array of other automotive diagnostic tools, such as code readers, diagnostic tablets, and key programming devices.
What’s inside the MaxiCOM MK808S case?
The contents that typically come in the box with the Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S and their uses:
- MaxiCOM MK808S Tablet: The main diagnostic tool with a 7-inch touchscreen display and runs on the Android operating system.
- Main Cable: Connects the MaxiVCI Mini to the diagnostic port on the vehicle.
- USB Cable (for charging and data transfer): Used to transfer data between the device and a computer, and to charge the internal battery pack.
- AC/DC Adapter (for charging): Used to charge the internal battery pack.
- Mini USB Cable (for external power supply): Used to power the device from an external power supply.
- User Manual: Provides detailed instructions on how to use the device.
- Quick Reference Guide: A condensed guide to the device’s functions for quick reference.
- Carry Case: Used for convenient storage and transportation of the device and its accessories.
Overall, each item serves an important purpose in using the Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S, from connecting to the vehicle’s onboard computer to charging the device’s battery, to storing and transporting the device and its accessories.
What Can You Do with Autel MaxiCOM MK808S?
The Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S is an advanced diagnostic tool that offers over 28 special service options, making it a versatile tool for professionals and car enthusiasts alike. These special functions include Oil Reset, EPB Reset, SAS Reset, BMS Reset, DPF Regeneration, ABS Bleeding, Throttle Adaptation, Key Fob Programming, and more.
It weighs approximately 2.3 pounds, making it a lightweight and portable device that can be easily carried to different locations. The device is powered by a fast ROCKCHIP RK3566 processor and runs on the latest Android 11.0 operating system, allowing it to provide quick and accurate diagnostic results.
The MK808S also has 64GB of onboard storage, providing ample space for storing diagnostic data, and is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, enabling users to update the tool’s software and access diagnostic data from anywhere.
The Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S comes equipped with an advanced Auto VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) feature that allows the device to automatically identify the vehicle’s make, model, and year, eliminating the need for manual input of this information. This feature saves time and minimizes the risk of errors that could occur from manual data entry.
The Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S comes equipped with an advanced Active Testing feature that enables technicians to initiate and control specific systems and components in the vehicle, such as the Window Wipers Setting, Doors Turn on/off, Sunroof Switch on/off. This feature allows technicians to simulate the running of different systems while the vehicle is stationary, making it easier to diagnose and repair issues with the vehicle’s system components.
The Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S has three power source options:
- Internal battery pack.
- Vehicle power.
- External power supply.
The internal rechargeable battery can power the device for up to 4.5 hours of continuous operation.
When connected to a vehicle via the main cable, the device will automatically receive power from the vehicle.
An external power supply, which charges the internal battery pack, can also be used by plugging the mini USB cable into a wall socket and connecting the USB external power adapter to the device.
Main Functions & Features of the MaxiCOM MK808S:
The MK808s comes with 28+ service options, among those, here are a few of the most useful functions of the Autel MaxiCOM MK808s
- Oil Reset: This function allows you to reset the oil monitoring system after an oil change, ensuring accurate tracking of oil change intervals.
- EPB Reset: This function allows you to reset the electronic parking brake system after brake pad replacement or other brake-related repairs.
- IMMO (basic): This function allows you to program new keys or remotes for the vehicle’s immobilizer system. (I.e in case you lost your old keys.)
- Throttle Matching: This function allows you to relearn the throttle position sensor after a throttle body replacement or other throttle-related repairs.
- Injector Coding: This function allows you to program new injectors or adjust injector parameters for optimal engine performance.
- SAS Calibration: This function allows you to calibrate the steering angle sensor after a steering-related repair or maintenance.
- Suspension Calibration: This function allows you to calibrate the suspension system after suspension-related repairs or maintenance.
- Trans Adaption: This function allows you to reset the transmission adaptive values after a transmission-related repair or maintenance.
- Airbag Reset: This function allows you to clear airbag fault codes and reset the airbag system after airbag-related repairs or maintenance.
- Language Change: This function allows you to change the language of the device to your preferred language.
- Headlamp Matching: This function allows you to adjust the headlamp beam after replacement or other repairs.
- Cylinder: This function allows you to perform a cylinder balance test to diagnose engine misfires.
- Turbocharging: This function allows you to diagnose and repair issues with the turbocharging system.
- Clutch: This function allows you to diagnose and repair issues with the clutch system.
- A/F Setting: This function allows you to adjust the air/fuel ratio for optimal engine performance.
Overall, these special functions provide additional diagnostic and repair capabilities beyond basic code reading and clearing. They allow for more advanced repairs and maintenance, resulting in better vehicle performance and reliability.
Step to Set-up MK808S after unboxing:
- Connect to the vehicle:
- Connect the main cable to the device and the OBD-II port on the vehicle
- Turn on the vehicle’s ignition to power the device
Select the vehicle make, model, and year (Enter VIN):
- From the main menu, select “Diagnosis”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to select the vehicle’s make, model, and year.
Update the software:
- Connect the device to the internet using Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable
- From the main menu, select “Update”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install any available software updates
Once these steps are complete, the Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808S is ready to use. You can access the various diagnostic functions and special functions from the main menu.
Autel MaxiCOM MK808s vs Launch X431
The Autel MaxiCOM MK808 and Launch X431 are both advanced automotive diagnostic scanners, but they have some key differences. Here are some of the main differences between the two models:
- Display and User Interface: The MK808 has a 7-inch touchscreen display with a simple and intuitive user interface, while the Launch X431 has a larger 8-inch display with a more complex and feature-rich interface.
- Diagnostic Functions: the Launch X431 has more advanced features (34+ reset functions), while Autel MaxiCOM has 28+ reset functions to offer.
- Updates: Both tools receive regular software updates, but the Launch X431 has a more frequent update schedule and offers lifetime free updates.
- Warranty: Launch X431 comes with a 5-year warranty, whil the Autel MAxicom MK808s comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Price: The Launch X431 is generally more expensive than the MK808, making it a less affordable option for some users.
Overall, the Launch X431 is a more powerful and advanced diagnostic scanner with more features and capabilities, while the MK808 is a more affordable option with a simpler user interface. The choice between the two tools ultimately depends on your specific needs and budget.
As a brand, Autel has a strong reputation in the automotive diagnostic tool market, and the MaxiCOM MK808S is a high-quality tool that offers a wide range of features and capabilities. It has a user-friendly interface, a comprehensive diagnostic system, and a variety of special functions that make it a great choice for professional mechanics and DIY enthusiasts alike.
While the MK808S is not the most advanced diagnostic scanner on the market, it is a reliable and affordable option that provides accurate and efficient diagnostic results.
As a mechanical engineer, it’s easy for David to explain the functionality of the tool. David test most of the tools before writing a review. its help him to learn something new and suggest the best product for you.